Deckvest VITO is the latest Spinlock inflatable lifejacket harness technology, based on design work for the Volvo Ocean Race.
All teams were equipped with the same inflatable lifejacket harness developed in collaboration with a core group of Volvo offshore sailors.
Fundamental to the new design was a lifejacket that crews actually wanted to wear more frequently, with developed custom features.
Harness Release System (HRS™)
- Striking design finish in durable rip stop fabric
- 170N buoyancy with Hammar®hydrostatic automatic inflator
- Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
- Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size.
- Fine tune adjust each time for layers
- Added protection in high impact areas
- New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
Pylon Lifejacket Light™– high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
Lume-On™- Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Wider 40mm leg strap with stowage
- Toggle attachment point for optional Chest Pack(DW-PCC)
- Optional Ocean Signal AIS MOB1available to purchase as a stand-alone unit or supplied fitted integrated within a Deckvest
Spinlock's Deckvest VITO and Deckvest 6D both have the option of a Harness Release System (HRS), a soft loop attachment point for a safety line which can be released in an emergency to free a person from their safety line.
• Activation handle located behind soft loop, easy to locate, grab and pull
• Soft loop attachment released and open
• User separated from safety line and boat
• Easily reset to use again
• ISO12402-1 Deck Safety Harness
The Spinlock Harness Release System (HRS) is a new innovation which enables the wearer to disconnect from the safety line by releasing a lever behind the soft loop safety line attachment point of the lifejacket harness.
What is HRS?
Spinlock still considers a knife to be an essential piece of carried equipment. However, we have yet to develop a reliable consistent safety line clip release system. Instead, we are focused on developing a release system of the actual lifejacket harness. Testing showed that the harness release system needed to be simple to understand, simple to use and simple to maintain as well as reliable over the lifetime of the lifejacket. At the same time, the harness release system must meet the requirements of the ISO12402 approval.
Staying connected to the boat is undoubtedly safer than being in the water and use of a safety line is actively encouraged. However, in the event of a fall overboard, a casualty can find themselves being dragged/trapped alongside or behind the vessel. A situation which can be hard to be released from.
If required – at an additional cost, Spinlock can upgrade any VITO to include the new Harness Release System.
DW-VT/H170 Deckvest VITO Hammar 170N Lifejacket
DW-VT/H170/HRS Deckvest VITO Hammar 170N Lifejacket with Harness Release System fitted
Deckvest VITO is approved to the following international standards:
• CE Approved
• ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
• ISO 12401 Deck Harness